Brochures & Handouts
The following resources are free to anyone to view, download, and print.
To order quantities of print materials, please use this link to complete an online order form.
*NEW* Paternity Prep Packet
The Paternity Prep Packet (PPP) comes in a 9x12 envelope, and includes:
- An informational brochure about establishing paternity by affidavit.
- A sample VPA with tips for completing and avoiding errors.
- A blank VPA form for parents to preview and practice completing.
- A checklist of required identity and legal documents for mom and for dad printed on the outside of the envelope.
Establish Paternity by Affidavit (Comm. 107)
* All hospitals with birthing centers are required to use this resource when educating unmarried parents about voluntary paternity affidavits.
Frequently Asked Questions
Paternity Establishment: How and Why
"What to Bring" folding wallet cards
Notary and Signature Section
Informational and Instructional Videos
The following videos are available on our YouTube channel, and can be used to help teach the importance of establishing paternity, and how to complete the VPA form.
*NEW* How to Complete the Voluntary Paternity Affidavit
What is the Voluntary Paternity Affidavit (VPA)?
¿Qué es una declaración jurada de paternidad (VPA)?
VPA Program Partners:
For specific questions about the paternity affidavit, call the Bureau of Health Statistics at (515) 281-6687.
The Child Welfare Research & Training Project (CWRTP) provides oversight of the Paternity Affidavit Training Program for the State of Iowa.
The VPA Program is funded through a partnership between Iowa State University and Iowa Child Support.