Parenting: It’s a Life for ISU students

Being a student is tough, and taking care of your child is even tougher. But you can finish school! And PIAL can help, by connecting you to important resources. Our staff can answer your questions and connect you with other programs that will:

  • Locate your child’s father
  • Establish paternity
  • Collect unpaid child support


To begin the child support process, contact the Iowa Child Support Recovery Unit (CSRU) at 888-229-9223. And see these links for more information:


For more information about campus resources, see the links below or contact our office (515-294-6502  or



PIAL poster pic gen info    Legal father poster pic